NATURAL HAIR CARE
If natural hair care is what you're looking for, you're in the right place. Hello i'm Sabrina A. Davis. I have been working to promote healthy, natural hair since 2003. I'm a "R" Certified Sisterlocks® Consultant; Sisterlocks Certified Trainers Assistant (CTA) and Florida Licensed Cosmetologist who specializes in Natural Hair Care and Loc's.
I'm so proud to have my work showcased in local, and nationally syndicated hair styles magazines, such as: Sophisticate's BLACK HAIR Styles And Hair Guide, Hotlanta Magazine Group and Sisterlocks Lifestyle Journal. One of the most important things for me is, having every customer leave my salon, feeling and looking their absolute best. I take great time and care, to maintain a modern, yet warm hair care experience. i have a commercial natural hair studio located in the prestigious Dr. Phillips Orlando Florida. I do my very best to never overbook or double book appointments. for this reason, I pamper every client, making sure he or she leaves feeling and looking spectacular.
I can't wait to hear from you! And like I always say: "If your hair is not BECOMING to you, then you need to BE COMING to me!"
Sabrina A. Davis
Installing Sisterlocks with Love & Pride
INSTALLING SISTERLOCKS WITH LOVE AND PRIDE
Although we are celibrating 20 years as a company:
Sisterlocks is a fairly new hairstyle popular with African American women and men. Sisterlocks are different from traditional dreadlocks because the individual pieces are much smaller than conventional dreadlocks. This hairstyle is made using a person's existing hair, and installed by licensed hair stylists certified in the Sisterlocks system.
1) Consult a hairstylist that is certified in the Sisterlocks system. You can find a certified Sisterlock hairstylist on the official Sisterlocks website. The Sisterlocks website provides a directory of certified stylists in every state. During the consultation, the hairstylist will put a few Sisterlocks into your hair so that you can get a sense of what your hair will look like after the actual locking session.
2) Shampoo your hair before the locking process. Your hair must be completely clean before the locking process is started. You can use any brand of shampoo you desire. The hairstylist can only put Sisterlocks into clean hair. Before you get Sisterlocks done, you must have at least 1-1/2 inches of new hair growth. The Sisterlocks will be started on the new growth, which holds the locks in place.
3) Create the Sisterlocks during the locking session with the certified hairstylist. Depending on the length and the thickness of your hair, the locking session can take up to 18 hours to complete. During the locking session, you hair will be sectioned and Sisterlocks will be put into the hair, section by section. The stylist will provide an official starter kit during the locking session. The starter kit includes washing bands, tip sheets and shampoo. After the session, a follow-up visit will be scheduled.
4) Shampoo your new Sisterlocks twice prior to going back to the hairstylist for the follow-up visit. Shampooing the Sisterlocks will cause them to relax and fall naturally.
5) Tighten the Sisterlocks during the follow-up visit. The follow-up visit is used to tighten any locks that have loosened after your initial visit. The hairstylist will also teach you how to maintain your Sisterlocks at home.
Keeping It Clean And Moisterized
KEEPING IT CLEAN AND MOISTERIZED
Shampooing Hair That is Already Locked:
Unlike hair that has not fully locked, you don’t need to try not to disturb your hair while shampooing. You can shampoo your hair as often as you want, and you can rub and massage your scalp while washing. This will not disturb your locked hair.
Shampoo your locs like you normally shampoo your hair – lather, rinse, repeat. Some people use regular shampoo to shampoo their hair with, and others don’t. Some people use homemade mixes to clean their hair such as a solution of baking soda mixed with water. Others just use conditioner to clean their hair. Once again, the choice is yours.
Oiling or Moisturizing your Locs:
First, let me say that there are people who do not put any type of products in their hair. They may just wash their hair and go. But for people who cultivate their locs, an oil or moisturizer helps to provide sheen and/or a softer texture.
After, or between washing your hair you can apply a natural oil, or a loc product to your hair. You can apply to your scalp and hair if you want. An easy way to apply product to your hair is to rub the product in your hands, then rub your hands down the length of your locs. Be sure and get the sides and back of your hair also.
Sisterlocks / Traditional Lock Maintenance
SISTERLOCKS / TRADITIONAL LOCK MAINTENANCE
For Sisterlocks Retightening the New Growth of Hair (down to the roots), for traditional locs you palm roll (down to the root).
As your hair grows, you will need to retighten the roots. First wash and towel dry your hair by blotting. Do not pull, scratch your scalp or be abrasive. If you choose, you can oil your hair and scalp at this time. Separate hairs that have connected to adjacent locks (see Hair Solutions Section). Apply your twisting product down the length of your locs and tighten the roots using one of the methods mentioned in the Techniques section (twist, palm roll, interlock).
Note: You may sometimes wash your hair one day, and retighten it another day. If you choose to retighten your hair on another day remember to wet or moisten your hair first. You can get a spray bottle and fill it with water and spray the sections of your hair before applying your locking product and retightening.
That’s it – Wash, Oil, Retighten! This is one of the beauties of locs. Now, you can choose to let your hair hang down, or you can style your locs
Growing Strong Healthy Hair
GROWING STRONG HEALTHY HAIR
There are a huge number of tips for growing out hair properly, but here we summarize the most important ones.
1. Healthy living habits result in healthy hair
The first thing you need to take care of is your diet. What your body consumes is what your hair consumes as well. Therefore, the food that is not varied and that lacks vitamins and minerals will have a negative effect on your hair. Did you know that people suffering from some vitamin deficiencies have brittle hair? The conclusion is that you should provide your body with a lot of fruit and vegetable vitamins and hydrate it with a regular water intake. In this way, you will make your hair recover and improve your hair’s health along with your overall body fitness.
2. Regular hair trims are a way to long hair
This may not seem to be the case at first, but frequent hair trims will enable proper growth of your hair. One of the bad hair causes is the abundance of split and dry hair ends. An occasional trim, which means shortening your hair by a half of an inch at the most, will do wonders for your hair. Rely on professionals or yourself to do the proper trimming job and your hair will be stimulated to grow long easily. See how often you need to trim your hair, based on the quality of treatment you provide for your hair daily. Regular trimming is one of the first steps you need to make in order to grow natural hair long.
3. Your hair might need products for moisturizing
There are some types of hair that lose moisture very quickly and so the hair ends dry and break. This is especially true for black hair, but not limited to it. If this is the case with your hair, buy some moisturizing products such as shampoos and conditioners to improve your hair quality.
4. Treat your hair gently
Do not think that combing your hair is always beneficial for it. Actually, too much combing may harm your hair greatly. Thus, try to avoid it as much as possible.
5. Some hair styles can be protective
If you have grown your hair to a certain degree, it is natural for you to feel happy about letting it loose in the wind. However, you should know that it is necessary to worry about the hair ends at all times. Do not let your hair ends rub against surfaces such as car seats or even bed sheets. You can put it up during the day or wrap it into a delicate material while you are asleep. This will enable you to grow natural hair to a point where it’s very long and stays healthy.
Bottom line, the key to having long and healthy hair is taking proper care of it. If you nourish it properly, both from the inside and the outside, you are guaranteed to have good quality hair.
KEEP YOUR HAIR SHINY & HEALTHY
Shampooing can literally determine, whether your hair is going to be soft and moisturized or stripped and rough, since most are way too harsh for dry natural strands. -Most people wind up losing a lot of moisture through shampooing so they have to spend the next few days using products that replenish that moisture, only to repeat the cycle the next time they wash there hair. So you can either use shampoo a lot less - or just give it up altogether...
Color Treatments is handle with perfection and care.
STYLE YOUR HAIR DAILY
Queen Of Roots Thought Of The Day:
"By making and keeping your appointments, it
helps to build a strong, and healthy relation with your stylist and you hair.